Friday, January 15, 2010

Hello and welcome

Ah, the first post on a blog. The one chance to be self-indulgent and talk about the blog itself. And mention the word 'blog'.

Why have I decided to start this? I like to write, and I like cycling, so I thought I'd combine the two.

The majority of the content here will be on cycling, with a focus towards Adelaidean bike rides and races. I'd like to share some of the cool cycling routes around Adelaide, as well as the occasional race report.

Why the name? Cyclists come in all shapes and sizes, but the one thing that we have in common is weird tanlines. At the very least, we have one tanline on the upper leg, and one on the upper arm. If we are really dedicated, we might have a sock tanline and a glove tanline too - maybe even a little tan-spot where the velcro strap on our glove loops across.

All of this conspires to make us look ridiculous when these tanlines are exposed for the world to see. But they are the mark of a cyclist, whether we like it or not!

Hope you enjoy the posts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment